Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Asking my daughter why I am having surgery

My daughter and I talking about my surgery.

See the thing is, my kids know my weight has been a very sensitive issue for me. My kids starting drawing family pictures and when I went from being a stick figure to a round figure, I knew, something was different. They no longer viewed me the way I thought about myself. On some occasions not meaning to, they have slipped and said something about my weight. I am a naturally an emotional person. So while I know they would never mean to hurt my feelings, it does. So they walk on egg shells in that area of my life. I hate that they have to, but I can't help it. For the first time my daughter talked about it, and as you can see she didn't want to say out loud what this surgery would do for me. Saying it would make me skinny meant she had to imply I was fat. In a round about way. She of anyone else has made the most comments. Once she told me that my stomach was disgusting. That was the worst moment for me. She didn't mean to hurt my feelings, she called it like it was. She said what I say, every time I see it. Anyhow, here is the whole video.

Click here to view video

No comments: